What is Microcement?
An ideal material if your desired look is a seamless surface, which is not only grout-free and completely waterproof but also offers an outstanding contemporary design, is cost effective and durable.
Some characteristics and examples of where it can be applied
- Microcement is considerably cheaper than many large, natural stone or porcelain tiles.
- Microcement is a waterproof system that makes it perfect in bathrooms, wet rooms, splashbacks, kitchens, and feature walls.
- Can be applied over or instead of linings such as ceramic, porcelain, marble, mosaics, tiles, concrete, mortar, timber, and plaster.
- Microcement like other natural materials can be dry in a couple of days.
- Easy to clean and low maintenance.
- Comes in a variety of colours and finishes and allows for custom design.
- Highly scratch-resistant and can be easily repaired.
- Suitable for under-floor heating.
- Allows for seamless finish on floors and walls (no need for expansion gaps).
Microcement is a coating that can be applied to any hard surface such as walls, floors and furniture, both indoors and out. This cement and quartz-based layer is at most 2mm thick.
The smooth finish makes it ideal for a modern, minimalist design that can be easily combined with materials like wood and ceramic and it is suitable for under-floor heating.
One of the great advantages of Microcement is that it can be applied over existing finishes. It’s a modern, tasteful alternative that entirely cuts out the dirt and disruption of traditional construction.
- On existing tiles and old smooth concrete screeds (without the need to break)
- Existing floors where carpet has been removed
- Plastered walls and ceilings
- Internal/external walls and floors
- Bathrooms and kitchens
- Furniture & Doors
- Stairwells and steps
- Can be applied over other linings such as ceramic, porcelain, marble, mosaics, tiles, concrete, mortar, and plaster.
- Low thickness allows for quick improvement of an existing concrete
- Suitable for under-floor heating
- Easy to clean
- Suitable for high traffic areas
- Highly resistant to UV Rays
- Can be applied to bathrooms, kitchens, stairwells, furniture, facades, walls and any room in the house
- Allows for seamless finish on floors and walls (no need for expansion gaps)
- Allows for custom designs: e.g. corporate logos
- Quick application and release to traffic
- Allows for commercial renovation without going into heavy construction work
- Low maintenance, and can therefore be used to replace traditional flooring, e.g. wood